Monday, October 9, 2006

Hair Coloring FAQ


Q: I have frizzy hair but still want to color my hair. What hair color is best for me?

A: Frizzy hair should avoid super light highlights. Darker colors are always good for anyone with frizzy hair because they make the hair look healthier and smoother. Warm color tones are also great ideas because they reflect more light, making hair look better.

Q: What hair color products are good for frizzy hair?

A: Products that do not contain ammonia. Semi- permanent or demi-permanent hair color products are great for frizzy dry hair since they do not contain harsh ingredients like ammonia. Semi-permanents also make hair feel silky and smooth.

Q: I love the highlighted hair look but when I tried it, my hair totally dried out. What can I do to get the look without ruining my hair?

A: Use a non-ammonia hair lightener and keep the highlights away from the hairline. Try highlights in the very front and the baby hair around the face to make hair look smoother and silkier. Also try a warm all-over color or lighten-up the base color before applying highlights. Non-ammonia products leave hair in much healthier condition.

Q: My fizzy hair does not hold hair color; what can I do?

A: Sometimes frizzy hair can be coarse with the cuticle, closed tight. Therefore, hair color cannot penetrate deep into the hair shaft. Make sure the color product is applied evenly and then try leaving the product on for a longer period of time or using heat (blow-dryer, heat lamp, ect.) to process the color. The heat will help the color to stay longer. With all color treated hair a good shampoo and conditioner work wonders.

Q: My hair always turns a brassy color. Why?

A: There are many causes for hair getting a brassy color. The most common is the sunlight � stay away from the direct sunlight and swimming. Sometimes the hair color choice contributes to the brass. Try selecting an ash color base. A mild shampoo is a good idea, to hold color and prevent a pre-mature color change.

No comments: